Thursday, March 28, 2013

Obedience vs. Opposition


There is a reason it has been a while since my last post. Opposition. I have faced a great deal of opposition in the past weeks. Even in this very moment as I try to write I am getting diagnostic pop-ups from my computer stating there is an unknown problem! I am going to get this post written if it kills me! J

 
Remember my first post? How I mentioned that I knew I had to act in obedience to the prompting of writing my story? My senior pastor, Craig Groeschel, said “If you’re not ready to face opposition for your obedience to God, you’re not ready to be used by God.”



 

You see, the story of forgiveness is so powerful! I am by no means a Biblical scholar; but I know opposition when I see it. It is not from God! What IS from God is the supernatural miracle he performed on my heart by taking away the un-forgiveness I harvested against my abuser! If you’ve read my past 3 posts you’d know that was described in my previous post. If you haven’t read it you should because it is a great miracle! God's credit!

 

In the beginning I know I said I didn’t want to write too preachy’ and turn away my friends/ readers that had different religious beliefs. I have decided I cannot sugar coat what my God has done for me! I hope that my vibrancy and bold faith doesn’t turn you away! Everything I say is meant to be coated in love! I love you and believe strongly against religious chains!

 
All that to say, recently after sharing the miracle I faced opposition! Likewise, I faced many trials and temptation immediately after the miracle. The enemy, Satan, was pissed! (Yes I said pissed and I am talking about God!?! If you read that and thought I was going to hell for writing that -you are the exact definition of religious chains I mentioned above haha.) The enemy didn’t want me healed! He didn’t want me to forgive my abuser! He wanted me to harvest hatred and bitterness! He wanted the abuse to destroy my whole life! But, what happened? God battled for me!

At that time in my life I was weaker in my faith and didn’t know how to combat this spiritual warfare like I do now.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:12”

Today, I will combat this spiritual warfare and put on the full armor of God like the following verse 13 states! I will continue to write! I ask that you lift my family and I up in prayer as I continue to unfold my story! As this may sound like a selfish request you, should know that the blog statistics have told me that there are readers not only in the United States; but in Australia, United Kingdom, Uganda, Germany, Italy, and Honduras! The first time I read those statistics I was in awe and humbled of what God was doing! So lift up the writer and the readers! Let’s BREAK BONDAGE people! Hahaha!

I wrote a more on my story via my phone app and it was lost! I think that this post was to stand alone! Take a stand with me against opposition! I am facing opposition but I am ready to continue to be used by God! Thus, I continue on this journey in obedience! Come along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment